Long Distance Trails Crew
Location varies for each work trip.
Every other weekend, from March through December
About the Crew
Where We Work
Many of our projects are in Harriman State Park. You will find our work on Bear Mountain, West Mountain, Black Mountain, Long Mountain and at Greenwood Mine - among many other sites. As our name implies, we focus on the “long distance trails” - the Appalachian Trail, the Long Path, Shawangunk Ridge Trail and the Highlands Trail.
No experience is necessary and beginners are encouraged to join us! We provide on-site training during each. Our experienced crew leaders and members are eager to teach people of all abilities the skills needed to build and rehabilitate trail. Volunteers will learn the basics of trail planning and construction, work site safety, material selection and movement, proper use of hand tools and rigging.
- 2023 LDTC Promo Video
- 2023 LDTC Presentation Video
- LDTC 'Rack Card' - used by the LDTC crew leaders to provide hikers and prospective volunteers with information about the crew
- 2021 Nyack Beach State Park Walk-through Video
- 2021 Nyack Beach State Park Walk-through Video (2x Speed)
- LDTC Annual Reports and Project Photos - Annual reports and project photos from over 42,000 volunteer hours since 2015