Effective date: October 27, 2021
To be clear, the Trail Conference does not sell or trade the names or contact information of its members, volunteers, donors, or customers. Your contact information is used only to communicate between the Trail Conference and you, to implement our programs, and to provide information and services to you.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact us at [email protected] or via mail at:
- We may collect anonymous data from visitors to our website such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, operating system, the date and time you access our site, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site, and the various pages that you visit. We do not correlate this information with individual users.
- Our website may store small files called cookies on your computer. Cookies contain information about your visit to the site. You may reject the storage of cookies, but some areas of the site may not operate properly if they are rejected.
- If you use the search box, information about search terms is recorded. Only lists of words and counts are recorded without tracking who did the search.
- You may optionally provide personal information to us through our website by actions such as becoming a registered user of the site, purchasing items from our store, filling out forms on the site, completing surveys or polls, or commenting on postings. Such information may include your name, email address, contact information, credit card number, and similar information, depending on the purpose for which you provide it.
- While the content of our website is not directed at children under 13, we are committed to comply with the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and do not knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without obtaining parental consent. We will remove personal information provided by children if parents contact us at the address above.
- We may store and use personal information you provide to communicate with you, to implement our programs, to provide information and services to you, and to carry out analysis to better understand our member and supporter base. We may outsource one or more of these functions to organizations which agree to safeguard your information and use it only for the intended purpose.
- We may contact you using email or postal addresses which you provide. If you do not wish to receive email messages in the future, you may follow the “unsubscribe” link included in emails. Our bulk email programs may use web bugs to tell if you have opened the email. We may use that information in considering future communications.
- Credit card information may be used and stored by our trusted credit card processor in compliance with industry standards. It is not stored on our systems.
- You may be added to various Trail Conference email lists, according to role(s) you have in the organization. We will remove you from such lists on request, which will remove you from the associated role.
- Comments submitted on our site are moderated and may be edited or deleted. Material copyrighted by others should not be submitted. We may occasionally share more broadly on our site comments or stories from website visitors who have successfully participated in our programs and/or employed our resources.
- Anonymous information about use of our site may be used to help us further develop and improve the design and functionality of our site.
- We may use third-party web analytics to help us analyze how users engage with our site. The anonymous information collected will be disclosed to, or collected by, these third-party service providers.
- The Trail Conference does not share your personal information with other organizations, but we may send email or postal mail to our contacts for other organizations.
- In limited circumstances, we may be required by law to disclose information you submit.
- Our site uses industry-standard encryption to secure the transfer of data between your browser and our servers. Although we use reasonable means to safeguard the privacy of your personal information, absolute security of transmissions made via the Internet cannot be assured.
- Email is not necessarily secure against interception. You should never include very sensitive information such as banking or credit card details in email. It may be sent using encrypted pages on the website or by telephone or postal mail.
- We will take reasonable measures to protect the security of personal information stored in our systems and to minimize the risk of unauthorized disclosure.
Social media accounts and linked websites
The Trail Conference has accounts on several social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube. Our website also includes links to external websites. These platforms and linked sites have individual privacy policies, which you should consult to learn how they manage personal information. The Trail Conference will handle any personal information which it may receive from these sources in the same manner as data collected from our website.